Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Growing Awareness

Life lessons are slowly making it through the dense gray matter that is my brain. I try so hard to make things happen. I worry so much that the world won't work out the way I want it too. But there are whispers forming in my ears, "Don't try so hard. It will happen." Life feels like its coming full circle. Much like the days when I first sobered up. Simple messages. Obvious observations.

Drunk days - if you don't drink maybe bad things won't happen
Today - if you trust yourself bad things won't happen

See the trend? Worrying about life doesn't lead you anywhere. Striving hard on the outside and worrying on the inside doesn't lead you anywhere. Just walking, one step at a time, towards your destiny is the only thing that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment