Wednesday, March 06, 2013

I Am A Friend

A few years ago I bought a book of essays entitled On Friendship by Michel de Montaigne. I was telling myself "I really should think deeper about things" when I saw the book at Chapters. I hurried home thinking this was my guide to ultimate friendship and a new vocation for my life. The only problem was when I tried to read it I kept falling asleep (in the bath tub mostly). So I quickly Googled a quote for this posting so I could look really smart. Here we go:

“I know that the arms of friendship are long enough to reach from the one end of the world to the other.”

Pretty good huh? I think it is deep without all that studying. Now I'm feeling guilty for the short cut to insights. Wow, as I flip through the book I am surprized at how much wisdom there is in there. Maybe I'll read it one day and get back to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment