Monday, March 04, 2013

I Am A Depiction

A few years I stumbled upon the word depiction. I was looking for a single way to describe what I do in my professional life, a concept or idea I could use to clarify all the different writing and design I do, when I came across this:

Noun 1. depiction - a graphic or vivid verbal description
characterisation, characterization, delineation, word picture, word-painting, picture description, verbal description - a statement that represents something in words


Finally I found what I was looking for -  pictures AND words - represented in one single idea. Then it struck me. Not only did I create depictions I was one too. Here, right now, I am a depiction of the very words I type. These words aren't me. The picture on this blog isn't me. However they both represent me, my state of mind and my feelings in this moment in time. I think its pretty neat that I can become what I create. Never thought about it this way before.

No comments:

Post a Comment