Saturday, March 02, 2013

I Am A Blender

I once read an interview with the late Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees where, when asked what role he played in their success, he simply referred to himself as "the blender".  Although the other two brothers had the powerful and distinctive voices without him there would have been no true harmony, just two voices singing side by side. It's a nice analogy and one I've adopted for myself. Being a blender means that I'm the person who makes thing flow together and I often do in many places in my life. I can help other mix and match ideas to create a new understanding or see the other person's side. I can also come up with one idea or direction to move groups of people forward. I'm still discovering what it all means but I really like the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment