Monday, June 21, 2004

Subsiding and Waiting

Subsiding

Things are slowly improving now. We found someone to rent the basement suite, so we don't have to come up with the money. Hubby is still fighting demons and I'm trying to be supportive but not judgemental. That's a tough one. No job prospects but a friend is trying to hook me up with someone. We have a little room to breathe and trying to find some ways to play. I went canoeing yesterday and visited a horse rescue ranch last Sunday. These are little ways of challenging myself and trying to fit some kind of passion and change into my world. I'm not my career. I'm a person who is trying to fullfil other parts of myself. In the end, whether or not the world works out the way I want it to, I still have to meet my emotional, spiritual, financial and personal needs. I keep repeating that to myself so I don't get trapped into the narrow tunnels of unemployment and illness.

Waiting

Well, I finally went down to the mammogram place to check on when they would make my appointment. Turns out the screening clinic sent my doctor's request to the ultrasound clinic in the same complex, so I had to wander over there to see when I would get my appointment. I thought they were giving me the runaround. Maybe they were. Let's presume stupidity rather than malice.

I heard the news I needed further testing on the 8th, was promised someone would contact me on the 10th but no go. So last Wednesday (the 16th) I marched down to see what was up. Turns out that there was a pile of requests at least two feet high. I was somewhere in the middle. I admit the receptionist was really helpful and she searched for my paperwork and made me an appointment right there. I guess when they have to face a real person, rather than a phone call, it makes them move a bit more. Unfortunately, the soonest I can get in is July 28. More than a month away. Right now I'm relieved to have a date I can put my worrying off until then. Not successful at that, but it's getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment